Tugboat Software is a privately held, profitable company headquartered in Newport Beach CA. We develop market and support applications for software configuration management and workforce scheduling. Our customers appreciate the strength of our products and our unflagging technical support. Tugboat Software team members are valued for their contributions and rewarded well. Tugboat Software offers a casual working environment, flexible hours, 401k, and medical benefits.
Sr. OpenEdge Developer
The winning candidate will perform a key role in the ongoing international success of Roundtable change management solutions.
- Works closely with other members of the development team to design, develop, maintain, and enhance Change Management software
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs, documents and maintains software using established coding standards and methodologies
- Generates design specifications and requirements
- Provides technical support to end users
- Demonstrated expertise in Progress OpenEdge ABL/4GL GUI development
- Proficiency with Progress OpenEdge RDBMS
- Experience with Software Configuration Management or version control software
- Effective interaction with other team members and end users
- Work with minimal supervision
- Experience with Roundtable TSMS
- Proficiency with a variety of Progress technologies including ADM2, AppServer, OpenClient, OpenEdge Architect, ProxyGen and WebSpeed
- Familiarity with Eclipse IDE
- OO design and development
- Experience with DocBook XML
- Familiarity with XML and XSD
Full-time permanent position.
Non-US citizen, H1B, and 1099 candidates will not be considered.